Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-02-15 01:02:21

s1cknote

Re: Alpha Test Start

What could be causing the perm chill status of the house could it be a bug with my layout or just something unrelated to me?

#27 2016-02-15 03:54:59

admin
Administrator

Nah, it's nothing you did.  We rewrote the castle doctrine server from scratch so we are working out some little bugs. We have changed the database code a few times, without reseting the database.  We have fixed a number of bugs, so that issue could have been related to bad data created by buggy code that isn't buggy any more we'll wait and see if we have any more issues.  I know of a few other server DB bugs we are actively working.  This is an alpha, so it's gonna be a little buggy, you might lose your life our your house due to a bug on our part.  We will move the status of the project to beta once we know your house and life are bulletproof from those kinda bugs, and then in 1.0 once we got everything running very smooth.

#28 2016-02-15 07:51:21

Passive
Administrator

Would recorded game file help?

And I hope you put the money to good use s1cknote big_smile Am surprised my bounty was so high.

#29 2016-02-15 22:15:01

mala

is there a TH version of castledraft in place?

#30 2016-02-15 22:51:31

cullman

The guy who made castle draft was generous enough to give me the source code, so there will be a terminal heist version of castle draft hopefully by the end of the week I will get the images moved over and the code hosted here at terminalheist.com

Also, we should be rolling a new version of the server tonight that should fix a few more house check in and check out issues.

Lastly, if not tonight in the next 2 days we should be rolling new version of the clients, including Android.

Unfortunately, we are going to change the way we are doing iOS betas so there won't be any iOS betas for a few days until we get switched over.  Sorry, AmWhy.

Thanks,

cullman

#31 2016-02-16 08:10:29

AMWhy

No worries.  I'm ready and waiting for the green light when it is up!

#32 2016-02-16 08:10:52

Passive
Administrator

The s1cknote bug seems to be very hit and miss. I have been going in and out loads fine, then had another look around this morning and

ClOeIXf.png

Might just have to ignore his house big_smile

#33 2016-02-16 15:01:55

cullman

We had a bug where if you tried to go into your house when someone was in it, it would kill the robber.  I wonder if somehow s1cknotes account's like in a state from that bug.   S1cknote if you look at your tapes does it just show you everyone committing suicide on the welcome mat?

#34 2016-02-16 21:25:26

s1cknote

I have 2 tapes of passive just committing suicide on the mat and one of spacepirate but others are generally ok I see them explore the house and such

#35 2016-02-16 21:28:26

cullman

That's helpful so it's some interaction between something going on with your two accounts, we can run it down from there.  Thanks.

#36 2016-02-17 20:59:12

s1cknote

Ok well spacepirate died again on the mat and zephyr did as well very strange how its some go in fine and others die instantly

#37 2016-02-19 01:03:23

cullman

Thanks, at some point we may have to wipe the database....cause we have made changes.  We will get this fixed this weekend.  Sorry I know this part is painful but once we get the server stable having it written in Java instead of PHP will allow us to expand and improve the game more easily.  Thanks for your patience.

#38 2016-02-19 10:55:26

AMWhy

I'm all signed up for the iPhone and waiting for the first version.  In the meantime I've registered on PC and I'm playing through the 'tutorial' levels to familiarise myself with the new graphics and get reacquainted with the game (it's been a while)!

First thoughts:  Words would make a huge difference for trying to distinguish between the different blocks and robots.  It'd be great to have an index page you can click on with a name and brief description of all the items and blocks.  This should be available on the tutorial page as well as from your spaceship.  Alternatively, an overlay button that would label visible blocks would be good for new players too. 

Also, a brief description at the start of some of the tutorial levels would help a lot.  For example, for the levels dealing with robot behaviour (nee animal behaviour) it would help new players to know that the positioning is important rather than having to discover it as is intended.  While the discovery route is interesting when you've progressed further into the game, as a new player it would be very frustrating to die sometimes but not others and have no idea why.

I'm about 90 levels in now and I've hit a few levels that advanced players would struggle with.  Id recommend splitting all the levels into two groups: tutorial levels and solo player levels.
If you'd like, I'll go through them all and give a rating for difficulty, as well.  The order of difficulty is quite mixed, which would again frustrate new players.

Overall: it's CD with a new flavour!  That can only be a good thing.  The change of player names is interesting and the ability to go full screen without messing around is handy.  I have a million idea for change and new additions, but for now, it's looking positive!

#39 2016-02-19 16:36:45

cullman

Ok I've added some more logging to the server.  First person that can reproduce that sudden problem (even if you have to dual account it), I'll paypal you $100.

Thanks,

cullman

#40 2016-02-20 07:40:17

Passive
Administrator

cullman wrote:

Ok I've added some more logging to the server.  First person that can reproduce that sudden problem (even if you have to dual account it), I'll paypal you $100.

Thanks,

cullman

Glitch reproduced.

I would guess it has something to do with using tools. I went into AMWhy's how. Saw he ony and a walk the dog protecting it, felt lazy so I used a dog meat. Then went to his safe, rather than the "Empty your backpack...." I got the terminal check in failed message again.

Would guess you need AMWhy's game record rather than mine.

I shall test the theory out on other houses. If it helps I did it using Android.

Edit: I have since tried to do it again on other people's house and no such luck. (on windows). Tried leaving after using tools, tried killing wife tools, tried getting to safe after tools. All worked fine. (Sorry to those left in the wake of the testing.) trying on android again. Will try AMWhy next time chill are off him, or might make 2nd account to see if it is maybe just my account?

Edit 2: Tried registering again with the same name to see what would happen. It lets you do it but then when you try to login you get a server error, you then cant use the same email again to re register.

#41 2016-02-20 11:43:21

AMWhy

So the setup passive is referring to: the vault and family were all in their starting places.  All I added was 2 pit bulls and 2 blocks. 

Tapes:
Passive comes in, 3 spaces then leaves.
Passive comes in, suicide in entrance (I guess the glitch run).
Test comes in several times, uses tools on 2 separate runs and takes everything.

My house has since changed completely.

#42 2016-02-20 13:17:03

DaVinci

V0poR7F.png

Only took 5 minutes from me, I'm guessing the Alpha has no anti-cheat in yet.

#43 2016-02-20 14:41:27

cullman

Shouldn't have even taken you 5 minutes, should have been able to jump in on the exact same call.  But yes, the anti-cheat stuff isn't in yet, though, the basics won't take long to add. 

I'm not claiming map hacks will be impossible, but they should be a great deal harder.

Last edited by cullman (2016-02-20 14:46:39)

#44 2016-02-20 14:45:49

cullman

@Passive - it looks like you were unfairly killed in a robbery, which is the main server bug we are trying to fix.  Can you describe what you were doing?  Did you have tools with you, did you use some or all. Also, the duplicate name thing is fixed, but I haven't rolled that code to production yet.

#45 2016-02-20 15:14:07

AMWhy

How long should chills last? 1 hour?  Mine have been on for at least 8 hours now...

#46 2016-02-20 15:35:56

Passive
Administrator

AMWhy wrote:

So the setup passive is referring to: the vault and family were all in their starting places.  All I added was 2 pit bulls and 2 blocks. 

Tapes:
Passive comes in, 3 spaces then leaves.
Passive comes in, suicide in entrance (I guess the glitch run).
Test comes in several times, uses tools on 2 separate runs and takes everything.

My house has since changed completely.

On the 2nd run I entered with 1 dog meat only, put the attack droid to sleep then walked to the safe (pretty much a straight line). When I got to the safe I got the Terminal check in failed message. Both Passive runs were done from Android. The runs by test where also done via android, and I tried to recreate the whole thing again but this time it worked as it should. Once AMWhy is off chills again for Passive I will see if it happens again (if I can crack his house that is).

#47 2016-02-20 15:37:56

cullman

AMWhy,

They should only be one hour.  Is that the chills for everyone, or on just some houses... that was a problem we were having before with a few people's houses.  I'm going to go look into your account right now.  Also, you should get your iOS invite today.

Anyone else wanting an iOS invite let us know.

Passive, I don't need the details of your death anymore we found that bug and fixed.

Likewise, the duplicate name thing has been fixed and rolled into production.

I appreciate everyone's patience I think we are less than a week away from having the server stable and not killing people randomly or over chilling.

#48 2016-02-20 17:29:14

Passive
Administrator

cullman wrote:

AMWhy,

They should only be one hour.  Is that the chills for everyone, or on just some houses... that was a problem we were having before with a few people's houses.  I'm going to go look into your account right now.  Also, you should get your iOS invite today.

I have seriously long chills on drama bum and HardKor. If it helps I think they have been on the same life since first alpha release so might not have been updated when you fixed chills.

Also once you do get server stable you going to completely wipe so we register again? If not would it be possible to get all mine wiped as I currently have about 5 emails registered because of previous login problems big_smile

#49 2016-02-20 19:12:32

cullman

Chills are officially fixed!  They should reliably clear in an hour now.  I found a bug that I think is likely the source of most of our problems, so other things should get better shortly soon.

Yes, Passive when we go from Alpha to Beta we will likely clear the database, worst case I can delete your extra users by hand.

#50 2016-02-20 20:14:37

Passive
Administrator

cullman wrote:

Chills are officially fixed!  They should reliably clear in an hour now.  I found a bug that I think is likely the source of most of our problems, so other things should get better shortly soon.

Yes, Passive when we go from Alpha to Beta we will likely clear the database, worst case I can delete your extra users by hand.

Cheers.

Edit: Sorry to be that guy;

vTuLRjP.png

This time I logged in watched tape of cullman drop some saws.
Robbed a new house for safe and wife.
Looked into AMWhy, left.
Went back with 1 meat, drugged dog, looked around, found wife, went back to go get some tools to kill her just to "test". Then I left and got the error.
I was on windows this time.

Potentially you were in my house Cullman as you increased in value after.

Edit 2: Cullman what does my death video look like in your house? I walked all over, but I think when i died to a dog it said the terminal check in error rather then just terminated, but clicked through to quickly so not 100%

Board footer