Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-02-20 20:56:27

cullman

Re: Alpha Test Start

Passive, sorry it's a bug we thought we fixed, and please be that guy - the testing is super useful. I know it looks flakey now but we are close to getting this thing solid.  It looks like a suicide on the mat.  It also said you gave me a $4800 bounty (on the tapes screen), but I didn't get any of the money.  So it looks like the game that your tool use and current backpack contents don't check out so the server accuses you cheating and kills you : "Robbery end with tools used not adding up with remaining backpack contents denied".  I thought we had this one fixed, but I'll take another look.

*edit: Passive did you die on exit of the house or just randomly while robbing?

Last edited by cullman (2016-02-20 21:01:39)

#52 2016-02-20 21:33:12

Passive
Administrator

cullman wrote:

Passive, sorry it's a bug we thought we fixed, and please be that guy - the testing is super useful. I know it looks flakey now but we are close to getting this thing solid.  It looks like a suicide on the mat.  It also said you gave me a $4800 bounty (on the tapes screen), but I didn't get any of the money.  So it looks like the game that your tool use and current backpack contents don't check out so the server accuses you cheating and kills you : "Robbery end with tools used not adding up with remaining backpack contents denied".  I thought we had this one fixed, but I'll take another look.

*edit: Passive did you die on exit of the house or just randomly while robbing?

I had used tools and had a walk around. I got caught in the top left were you see the family through the window and was eaten by an attack droid.

#53 2016-02-20 22:27:57

Passive
Administrator

Just taken a trip around all the other houses and all worked fine, so couldn't seem to reproduce it again.

#54 2016-02-20 22:34:20

cullman

well it happened to another guy on our team, it's pretty random basically it's checking to see if the tools used + what remains in backpack = what was originally in backpack, and they weren't always in sorted order.  I just rolled a new release that should have that one fixed for good.  So as far as I know right now, for the first time, I'm not aware of any killing bugs (though I think if you launch the tutorial from the edit page you can potentially lose your house/edits - I suggest only launching from the main page for now).  Thanks again for all the help....go ahead and take your best shot at my house passive.

Scratch that I just reproduced it with the new code.

#55 2016-02-20 23:26:18

Passive
Administrator

cullman wrote:

well it happened to another guy on our team, it's pretty random basically it's checking to see if the tools used + what remains in backpack = what was originally in backpack, and they weren't always in sorted order.  I just rolled a new release that should have that one fixed for good.  So as far as I know right now, for the first time, I'm not aware of any killing bugs (though I think if you launch the tutorial from the edit page you can potentially lose your house/edits - I suggest only launching from the main page for now).  Thanks again for all the help....go ahead and take your best shot at my house passive.

Scratch that I just reproduced it with the new code.

Is that a new thing for TH or did TCD also do that test?

Is it worth me trying to keep reproduce it for the logging? Or should I hunt for other bugs big_smile

Edit: I have a feeling it just happened to HJCity as they died on my door mat with a bounty but I got no money from it.

Edit2: Just had a go around dramabum as "test" died on an electric floor after using tools, but rather than the terminated message got the failed check in again so guess he will see me just dieing on the matt. Doesn't look like his value went up with the bounty either.

#56 2016-02-21 00:40:00

AMWhy

From my tapes, both passive and Rileyr  had a 1 step suicide. 

Note, my account was made on PC but I'm now using iPhone (I have been since a TestFlight email 23 hours ago).

#57 2016-02-21 01:52:54

cullman

Yeah, I can tell both of those guy died from the tools discrepancy issue. Which I thought I could reproduce, but now I can't. AMWhy, what's your username in game?

#58 2016-02-21 02:32:20

cullman

Ok, we think we got it fixed again, but let me know if anyone is dying on leaving a robbery or seeing someone suicide on the welcome mat.

#59 2016-02-21 05:04:29

AMWhy

My in game name is AMWhy. I've been editing my house for the last hour so wouldn't have been visible.

#60 2016-02-21 15:04:07

DaVinci2

server is very sensitive to user input.

kIy3xrr.png

#61 2016-02-21 15:12:22

AMWhy

I just returned to my house to find my house robbed and the screen looking like davinci'd post above.  That is, my maze is gone and the whole house has been reduced to one block on the door where the safe is.

I checked my tapes and it's odd.  A player called iamahacker entered.  The houses looked normal.  He walked a pit bull to the entrance then left.
The next video is 1 step from iamahacker, like you'd expect to see in a doorstep suicide.  Instead, there's no suicide image but my safe is robbed.

Summary: iamahacker stole my vault without attempting the maze. 
My house was bricked.

#62 2016-02-21 15:14:35

DaVinci2

AMWhy wrote:

I just returned to my house to find my house robbed and the screen looking like davinci'd post above.  That is, my maze is gone and the whole house has been reduced to one block on the door where the safe is.

I checked my tapes and it's odd.  A player called iamahacker entered.  The houses looked normal.  He walked a pit bull to the entrance then left.
The next video is 1 step from iamahacker, like you'd expect to see in a doorstep suicide.  Instead, there's no suicide image but my safe is robbed.

My house was bricked.

iamahacker is a hacker :^)

#63 2016-02-21 19:27:18

cullman

Yeah, that's not particularly helpful, or impressive, Davinci...we haven't set up the headless client on the server so move list aren't validated yet, we were trying to get the basics sorted out first.

I'll see I can restore your maps.

Last edited by cullman (2016-02-21 19:27:56)

#64 2016-02-21 20:50:26

dramabum

AMWhy wrote:

My house was bricked.

Evening all. I've just logged in to find that exactly the same thing happened to my house as AMWhy's. Same weird greyed out house and all, also after a visit from iamahacker with no steps.

#65 2016-02-21 23:10:50

Passive
Administrator

Don't worry drama bum same has happened to nearly all houses. DaVinci thinks he/she is being clever by hacking a game that doesn't have the anti cheat protection on it yet. When all they are doing is making it impossible to test for any real bugs. But these people need to get there kicks some how I guess.

#66 2016-02-22 01:59:05

cullman

Yeah sorry guys, I can't be sure that someone won't do that again, so we can hold testing off until we get the headless client running, shouldn't but take a day or two.  Doing it to every house was for sure a jerk move, especially when we've been up front about the anti-cheating stuff not being in there yet.

Follow the instructions from castledraft.com Import on how to grab your map file, and throw it into a text file.  If you email me your maps I will restore them after we get move validation in place.

Davinci, why don't you wait until I claim it's got anti-cheating measures in place before wasting both of our time.  Showing me old hacks on the game is not helping anyone.

Last edited by cullman (2016-02-22 02:02:43)

#67 2016-02-23 05:09:38

admin
Administrator

Ok headless client is now implemented, and hopefully we are immune to those attacks now. Let me know how it goes.  Davinci and Davinci 2, you could be helpful this time and let me know if that attack vector is blocked off (by the way you only need to attack one house to prove your point rather than all of them smile

#68 2016-02-23 15:52:41

DaVinci2

admin wrote:

Ok headless client is now implemented, and hopefully we are immune to those attacks now. Let me know how it goes.  Davinci and Davinci 2, you could be helpful this time and let me know if that attack vector is blocked off (by the way you only need to attack one house to prove your point rather than all of them smile

can't say that it's really fixed, now I get "Terminal Check-in Failed" even if i don't edit my house, so it's broken now.

#69 2016-02-23 16:14:36

cullman

Looks like the headless client failed, restarted and will monitor closely, things should be working now.  Now we just need to fix the crashing bug on unreliable internet smile

Edit: Ok it looks like going into a bricked house crashed the headless.  HardKor I cleared your house, so we have no more bricked houses and they shouldn't be able to be bricked going forward.  Let me know if you want me to load up an old map for you.

Last edited by cullman (2016-02-23 16:46:31)

#70 2016-02-23 18:37:40

Passive
Administrator

I am getting terminal check in failed again.

This time I sucided in my own house as had no money.
With new life I clicked ok without building, went to safe. Got the terminal check in message but landed at the houses list so though might just be the wrong text. Went back to house and built a wall, went ok, went to safe got the message again and again landed at house list, however when i returned to my hosue the wall had gone and it was a fresh house again.

There is also still a bricked house, HB's.

Get the terminal check in when i get to people's safes as well.

#71 2016-02-23 21:17:13

AMWhy

I have four 1 step-suicides in my house, each saying 2200 bounty, but my finances have only jumped up by (about) 1500 since last check in. 
Suicides from ThanosPKC,
Zephyr,
Iamahacker,
Rileyr.

Since then, HJcity came in and left, no problems.

Edit, no tools received.

Last edited by AMWhy (2016-02-23 21:18:38)

#72 2016-02-24 03:31:02

cullman

I got rid of HB's house.  I'm trying to figure out the new terminal check in fail (that's what you are seeing AMWhy), it's related to the headless, I'm about to roll a new version of the server now with more logging.

#73 2016-02-24 13:44:10

DaVinci2

cullman wrote:

I got rid of HB's house.  I'm trying to figure out the new terminal check in fail (that's what you are seeing AMWhy), it's related to the headless, I'm about to roll a new version of the server now with more logging.

Related to the sanity checks if the house was valid as far as i know

#74 2016-02-25 07:33:27

Passive
Administrator

Not sure if just me, but keep getting cannot reach server. It sorts it's self out after a couple of attempts though. Thoughworth mentioning incase others are having it.

#75 2016-02-26 03:16:55

cullman

Passive,
I haven't seen that, is it showing up as the red box in the corner?  Where are you located in the world?

Thanks!

Board footer