Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-09 00:01:24

Cylence

Tutorial Feedback (spoiler alert)

If you haven't played the tutorial levels, you don't want to read this thread. Leave now!

Anybody who's played the tutorial levels, just looking for your feedback and thoughts.
Not sure anything will or will not change, but it's always good to hear new perspectives.

• Anything that sticks out in your mind that you want to share?

• Did you feel that the levels explained the concepts well without any texts like "This does this"?

• What was your favorite moment or level?

• What was your worst moment or frustrations?

Thank you in advance. smile

#2 2016-02-10 09:23:56

berpdreyfuss

Re: Tutorial Feedback (spoiler alert)

I have played maybe around 30 levels and so far I really like them, I think they do a very good job of explaining without words! Will come back for more feedback when I played more.

#3 2016-02-11 13:52:53

Passive
Administrator

Just played through the first 50. Think they are really good, especially for animal movements in the latter levels. So far favourite level is level 50 as I know what I need to do but have run out of time to try and do it big_smile

Also like the ones with the "Sentry" carrying the Sentry gun and you have to step in the right places.

Currently can't think of anything that players normal use that hasn't been shown yet, but I shall see if I can think of anything.

Have a feeling it will make it easier for new people to pick up and design a house that can actaully protect their safe for a bit.

Edit: Now at 76, very good indeed big_smile

Last edited by Passive (2016-02-11 17:02:46)

#4 2016-02-11 19:33:07

cullman

Thanks for the feedback, Passive.  That was precisely the idea with the tutorial was to make this game more approachable (and tone down the violence) so we can get a big big audience going again.  Personally, I think Cylence did an incredible job making a tutorial that teaches an incredibly hard game without using a single word.  That being said, please keep any feedback or criticisms.  Plus now you can play the game on an airplane in single player mode (kinda, practice your robbing skills consequence free anyway).

#5 2016-02-12 10:30:32

Passive
Administrator

cullman wrote:

I think Cylence did an incredible job making a tutorial that teaches an incredibly hard game without using a single word.

Agree entirely. Now that I am further through I am now learning things that I kind of muddled through in all my time of playing TCD big_smile

#6 2016-02-12 19:04:25

Cylence

Passive wrote:

So far favourite level is level 50
Currently can't think of anything that players normal use that hasn't been shown yet, but I shall see if I can think of anything.
Edit: Now at 76, very good indeed big_smile

Any worst moments (boring or repetitive levels, frustrations, getting stuck)?
Especially feed back on the later levels 70-100 would be good.

#7 2016-02-13 08:48:09

Passive
Administrator

Cylence wrote:

Any worst moments (boring or repetitive levels, frustrations, getting stuck)?
Especially feed back on the later levels 70-100 would be good.

So far the only "boring" bits would be the start, but that is more because I have played before. And they were quick enough to get through.

Currently stuck on level 79 but that is just that I haven't worked out the cat movement at the start. I did get it right once and then failed later in the map. However since I haven't been able to repeat it.

A suggestion might be changing the "exit" button to something like "level select", just so it is more obvious that that is a choice if you do get stuck on a level.

But in general great work, and I shall report back when I finally start moving through the levels again big_smile

Board footer