Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-18 22:25:23

cullman

Terminal Heist News!

Hey guys,

Some exciting news, we should have some cool stuff launched this weekend.  We have listened to your feedback on the tiles, and we have a new tile set that is a little more colorful and higher contrast.  I'm really liking the new look and I think you guys will too.

Also, we are going to launch Terminal Editor, which is our version of Castle Draft.  The author of Castle Draft was kind enough to share the source code, so we are going to integrate it with our site/game.  We have some very cool ideas on how we can use Terminal Editor to make the game more fun.  For instance, I'm leaning towards allowing people to load their Terminal Edit maps right into the game with a push of a button - especially during this Alpha phase (and I'm hoping to have that done this weekend).  That will allow us to have more terminals and make them easier to setup and re-create.  Eventually, I see Terminal Editor has having some cool convenience features :

- The ability to do cut, copy and paste during your house editing.
- The ability to save and load entire maps or regions of maps.
- The ability to simulate maps, traps, sections of maps in real time without risking your life to do so (you will still need to do a self test to list your map), using the same ideas Max implemented here : http://ec2-54-197-125-240.compute-1.ama … mid=pq6U7O (click that link and press the right arrow).

Any feedback and ideas are welcome.  We've got about 60 fully registered players right now.  I'm not even going to bother marketing the game until we get everything bullet proof.  However, at that point you can look forward to us doing a pretty big media out reach, and things like real money contests, etc.

- cullman

#2 2016-03-19 03:33:14

AMWhy

Re: Terminal Heist News!

Exciting times!  I look forward to trying out the new features.

#3 2016-03-19 09:32:21

cullman

Re: Terminal Heist News!

None of the buttons like : Share, Encode, Import...etc work yet...and the graphics tiles are not on our latest rev yet, but there is a version of Terminal Edit up now.  It doesn't do much, but the exciting part is it's been ported from PHP to Java so we should start to be able to add features that tie directly into the game in short order (like this weekend).  Check it out, again, you can't really do much with it yet : https://server.terminalheist.com/editor

Board footer