Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-21 19:46:42

cullman

New behavior of Terminal Editor

so if you go to

https://server.terminalheist.com/editor

Login in as your account

you can now load and save from the editor in the game.

Given no on is really playing right now I thought I'd open this up, you can create whatever you want, including unsolvable houses and multiple wives etc.  I plan to patch that stuff later, but I thought I'd let you guys have some fun with it for now.

#2 2016-03-21 23:50:37

cullman

Re: New behavior of Terminal Editor

Given that people (like myself in this case) are already abusing Terminal Editor.

wcSQwWh.png

smile

Oh I'm running the new tile set if some of that looks foreign to you, you guys will have it soon.

I'm going to make some quick changes.  One is going I'm to change the terminology.  I'm now calling Share -> Save, cause that's really what it does is save a map. I'm going to call Load and Save, Pull and Push to make it more clear that you are pushing that map to the game.  I am going to force  self test after a map push. I intend to get all that done tonight.  The next release won't allow you to push a design that costs more than the money you, and/or have more bots alive than you currently have.  Additionally, the next version will make you do a self test with in a certain amount of time or else it will roll back or kill you.  In the meantime, have fun with it!

#3 2016-03-22 15:50:03

cullman

So I just discovered a small bug in Terminal Editor, it looks like save the mapping doesn't save it indefinitely only for a few hour.  I'm going to fix that, but in the mean time, if you have a map you want to save for ever encode it and save the string somewhere.  I should have the save thing fixed in the next day or so.

#4 2016-04-20 13:15:06

cullman

I'm about to change this so you can't check in a map that exceeds the amount of money you have. Before I do that does anyone have any feedback for me while you can still use it in it's less restrictive form?

#5 2016-07-12 00:57:02

cullman

Ok I changed the editor where now you have to self test before it will list it as a house.  Let me know if you guys see any issues.  Next up is it checking to see if you actually have the money to spend smile

Board footer