Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-16 08:52:28

Vinman

Mac OSX Startup Bug

As I start up the game I right click, clicked open, and the icon gets bigger for a second (like indicating you've opened the application) then it just doesn't open or run. It doesn't show up in the activity monitor either.

Is this a known bug? I'm running it on my Win10 Partition for now.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

#2 2017-04-16 10:57:00

cullman

Re: Mac OSX Startup Bug

I haven't seen this bug and both of the developers use macs as our primary machines, so the OSX version is the most tested.  So it looks like it is just starting up then stopping?  First off, I really appreciate the bug report.  If you don't mind can you try running it from the command line and tell me what it says.  The way you would do that is run the Terminal application - in the Utilities Folder inside the Applications folder  (my apologies if this is patronizing, I'm not sure if you're a command line type of person or not smile.  Now go to where you have Terminal Heist installed.  On my machine I would type :

cd /Applications/TerminalHeist

Now run it from the command line by typing :

./TerminalHeist.app/Contents/MacOS/MacTH

You should see something come up in the terminal window, please copy and paste it here.  Also, could you please tell me exactly what version of OSX you're running.

Thanks!

#3 2017-04-21 04:42:40

Vinman

Re: Mac OSX Startup Bug

I actually tried re-downloading it, and opened it again, and it ended up working! Haven't had a problem opening it since. Might have been a bug on my end.

Board footer