Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-16 12:31:17

cullman

Found a strange bug

So if your terminal has been robbed and it's in a broken state.  People can still come in an Rob provided either your wife has money or there is money in the vault, it will be listed on the terminals page.  In TCD if you had a broken house and wanted to leave it broken, the trick I used to always use (because if you try to just hit done it wants to you to fix the broken house and self test) was to go the TAPES screen and then exit the game.  There by letting me see my tapes but not forcing me to fix my maybe intentionally broken house.  I just noticed that my main terminal isn't showing up in the list anymore.  I can recreate the problem this way.  If you have a broken house, go into edit mode, don't fix the broken house and self test just quit the game, the game thinks you are for ever in edit mode and your house won't go back on the list.  Here's the good news, I went and just manually fixed this problem in the database and it double the number of terminals listed.  Also, we have 280 players now, with about 10 joining in the last day or so.  It makes sense to me now that the terminal list always has been looking sparse when there is a bug that causes some terminals not to get listed.  I'm going to do some more analysis and make sure there aren't other cases where terminals aren't being listed.  Right now we have 175 in the database and less than 20 are showing in the list.  It's my thinking the only reason they shouldn't be in the list is if someone is robbing them, it's being edited, or the vault is broken and the wife is dead.  Stay tuned, there might be a lot more terminals popping up soon.

Edit : I think I should be able to fix this in the next day or so.  In the mean time, if you are trying to intentionally have a broken house and want people to go into it, don't play the game.  Or if you want you can send me a message and I can manually reset it for you in the meantime.

Last edited by cullman (2017-04-16 13:53:16)

#2 2017-04-16 12:32:29

cullman

Re: Found a strange bug

Oh by the way, right now I don't mind if people dual account.  I considered it cheating in TCD, but as we are in Beta, if people want to dual account and be able to confirm there houses are being listed or anything else that's fine by me.  Once we get out of beta I will start tightening up the rules including getting rid of free house pushes from the editor smile

Board footer