Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-26 04:40:16

AMWhy

Error with terminal editor

I have tried using the editor to port a map.  I tried it first with no droid family and it imported okay, but when I completed a selftest in game, afterwards it came up with an error message.
I edited the house and added a family, thinking that might be the problem but I still get the same error.

Any ideas?
Or is it just because I'm making an expensive house (way more than 2k...)

#2 2017-04-26 08:40:49

cullman

Re: Error with terminal editor

Here's what I would do the bots/family members can have different names.  The game bonks if you don't have a vault, but the editor will let you push it, and it will fail later.  Honestly, I'm not sure how careful the game is with the family members being alive and having the right name Alert bot 2 vs Alert bot 4..  It might freak out if you got Alert Bot 4 in your house but the database expect Alert bot 2, if you get my meaning.  There is so so much to do in this game, if it starts to get traction and I got a ton of ideas and improvements for the editor.  But first I gotta focus on helping the new players.  In the mean time I would play it safe.  If you just got terminated, restart, move your family in the corner or somewhere for now and then do your 9 step self-test.  Now pull the house in.  Design to your hearts content (enjoy it while it lasts cause pretty soon I'm going to implement funds checking and you're going to have to be able to afford your McMansion in space before building it smile  Now push house back, self test and you should be good.  My theory is the bots names got out of whack with the DB I could be wrong, but if you want me to do further research tell me what time it happened roughly in GMT and what user name you were playing on and I will take a look at the logs, I'd actually like to see what's going on there even you don't feel like it, so if you don't mind smile

Definitely, let me know if that doesn't resolve it.

Thanks for bug report.

#3 2017-04-26 08:46:52

AMWhy

The time was around 5:30am GMT.  The account was for MrWhy.  I'll try again and see if it works.

#4 2017-04-26 10:46:58

AMWhy

I'm still having problems although I tried a blank house with just removing the robots and that worked fine.  There must've a problem with the template I'm pushing (even though I can reach the vault).  I'll try making it again but 'pull' my blank account room first.

#5 2017-04-26 13:29:41

cullman

If you mouse over the bots in the game to they tell you their name?  Also, while the editor doesn't check to see whether or not you can afford your construction, I think it is smart enough not to let you resurrect things.  Though, to be totally honest, I'm not completely sure.  I'm in awe of Jason that he wrote this by himself.

I finally got around to backing up the database, the forums , the rolled over logs and the wiki.  So I was gonna take a weak to celebrate that.

OH now that I got your log file whittled down to a size to where I don't have to load an 800meg file in vi, let me take a look at your logs again.

#6 2017-04-27 05:40:22

AMWhy

I tried it by matching the bots by colour and shape, as well as with no bots.  Neither worked.

It must have been an error with the map I'd made.  I've since made it again from scratch, being careful to pull the live house each time, and it's working fine now.

#7 2017-04-28 07:05:25

cullman

Hmmm. I've never had a problem pushing a brand new from the web into a house. Oh wait. Try this make sure that your into 9 step house has at leAst been self tested and then try to push. I did push a fix to production today or yesterday that fixed and issue where broken houses that the owner hasn't come back to self test yet weren't showing up in the list. There's a chance i may have impacted something else.

#8 2017-04-28 13:52:53

AMWhy

I'm afraid it's too late to try again now.  I made a new house from scratch and that worked well.  When the time comes to make another new house, I'll play around and see if I can replicate the error.

Board footer