Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-26 13:33:33

cullman

wiki volunteers

Any wiki volunteers?  I am writing scripts that basically is usually a translation system to basically find and replace TCD terms with TH terms.  I am hoping it will get like 60-80% of the work done.  I've got all the graphics trimmed out the script should literally be done by tonight and I'm gonna hopefully have an alpha up in the morning.  The tough ones are oing to be like this page :

http://thecastledoctrine.gamepedia.com/Traps_Guide

and pages it like it where one will have to draw the TH equivalent and snapshot it and upload it.  Anyway, help would be appreciated, once it's done I'm gonna start unleashing more players.

Those who help will be remembered in the future (not in an unfair way, but maybe a complimentary whatever if we decide to ever sell anything).  I wish someone told me 3 years ago before I started this that businesses needed to sell things!

#2 2017-04-26 13:39:30

cullman

Re: wiki volunteers

One more thing, we will need a few officially totally new wiki pages :
- A page that helps former TCD players learn TH terminology (kinda like a better version of what we got posted up now.
- The TH Editor and all it's splendor
- We're going to remove painting and auctions, I'd be genuinely curious if anyone cares...maybe some day we could replace it with unique items or something

- What do you guys think of creating a wiki page of people accused of dual accounting, harder to get away with non-random names - though until we charge at least something or hold a credit card we could charge if they started cheating (that would have course have to be in the EULA).  We could force people to give us a phone number, and of course we would never sell it or use it ourselves, but every so often they would get a force validate on that phone, where they have to type the pin and prove they own that number.  I kinda like that idea, I mean sure people could get burners but this isn't the wire or the bridge, its the bridged wire - ok thats it time to go to bed.

#3 2017-04-27 05:43:19

AMWhy

I really would like to help with this and I had started to trawl through the old CD posts.  However, I am so short on free time, especially where I am by a computer, that it would take me ages to do anything meaningful.    The best I can offer is reading through for errors and adding more suggestions.

#4 2017-04-28 07:08:23

cullman

Well hopefully my script will handle most of it. but that's basically what I'm looking for if someone who knows what they are doing sees an issue - if they have time to fix it, great if not a quick note about it to me would be helpful too.

#5 2017-04-28 13:55:32

AMWhy

In that case, add me as a proof-reader.  I want to help, just I have limited time.  Whenever I have time, I'll go through and check things.  It may take a while but if other people help too, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Board footer