Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-27 00:16:53

Hardkor

server.terminalheist.com/editor

I just opened the game and pushed my $51916 CD house for $780. That doesn't seem correct...

#2 2017-04-27 06:07:11

AMWhy

Re: server.terminalheist.com/editor

The editor is 'cost free' at the moment, meaning you can send monster houses across and not worry about the price.  This is set to change long before the game is officially launched.

#3 2017-04-28 07:12:14

cullman

Yeah right now since this game really needs terminals to rob to be remotely interesting I am for the first time advocating multiple account use. Likewise, I am trying to make it easier for people to throw up good houses quickly through the editor. This will go away. I may just slowly start dropping the limit until we get critical mass and then at that point you will only be allowed to push a house that you have enough money to build.

#4 2017-04-29 00:23:41

Hardkor

Would I be able to push an $50,000 house for free, sell everything, then buy $25,000 worth of tools? Rinse & repeat?
If money is no object, there is no motivation to secure your house. I don't care if someone robs be because I can build it again for free. I don't have to grind or work my way to the top. I don't have to stop pros or look for noobies. It's handed to me. This brakes the game for me.

#5 2017-04-29 00:29:23

Hardkor

If you want people to build better houses quicker, I would suggest making building components cheaper or increasing starter funds. I like the tool, but I don't like that you can push infinity houses.

#6 2017-04-29 03:35:33

AMWhy

The free houses are temporary and are only really to give us something to do while the user base is still small.  You have to remember that the game hasn't officially been launched yet.  Also, you can't sell your house parts so couldn't make money for tools that way.

Hmmm... this has got me thinking.  Perhaps the game would benefit from a second currency.  $ (this should be changed to credits to reflect the space theme) and... minerals?  The second currency could be used to do 'premium' actions, such as using the editor and buying replacement robots.  Perhaps also upgrades for the robots (as standard, the robots should be able to explore other spaceships but not use tools or rob the vault.  With upgrades, they could then equip 1 tool type, 2 tool types, etc depending on the upgrade level).  Once the robot dies, the level resets to 0, making a robot death almost as important as your own death in the game!  This would add a model for currency IAP's that are temporary or for convenience only.

#7 2017-04-29 18:24:43

cullman

First off, I don't think you can "sell" terminal tiles you push in the map.  Secondly, it is very very temporary.  Thirdly, it very much breaks the game, but most people don't even seem to know you can do it with the editor. Here is my plan.  Get the wiki up this weekend because I'm going to do some promotion in the next week.  I don't want to promote the game without the wiki so people have some resources to learn it, I also want there to be terminals for people to rob when they get there.  So like I see this unlimited push of a house thing going away in like the next 2 weeks.  If it's really bothering people. I can tweak it right to only let people push only a $10k or less house or even a $2k or less house (that solves the problem of redrawing your starter house over and over again.  Let me know what you guys think.  I don't wan to lose you HardKor over a temp situation.  But of course, no game is fun with unlimited money.  And just to reiterate one more time we are in Beta, so I also liked the idea of people being able to push whatever they want as that allows us to test more things, see all the graphics etc.

#8 2017-05-01 18:23:49

Hardkor

Oh, you didn't lose me. I didn't know if it was a glitch or intentional or what. More communication is better than none. smile

#9 2017-05-01 20:16:00

cullman

Point well, taken.  I think I maybe mistakenly assumed anyone that even knew about the editor push functionality was an avid reader of the forums and therefore realized that it was temporary, etc.  Once I get this wiki thing, done there will be at least hopefully be a somewhat concise place people can go to get this info.

Board footer