Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#101 2016-03-19 23:25:18

spacepirate

Re: Alpha Test Start

Yes it works now.

#102 2016-03-19 23:31:11

cullman

AMWhy wrote:

I think the problem is still there when looking at replays.  I get the same error for AMWhy when trying to view a run at my house from Mr Why.

Try again.  The original Schema has everyone's user name copied all over the place, which I guess makes sense when they were random names smile

#103 2016-06-19 00:02:33

cbenny

Possible chill bug noticed.

I noticed some inconsistent chill times with a couple houses and did some testing. I'm pretty sure that if I bring tools with me and then die or self-destruct I don't get any chill time at all. The only way to get chill time is to go into a house without any tools.

Not sure if this was an intentional feature or not, but it seems like you should always end up with a chill time to prevent someone from dropping $1000 worth of tools into the same house over and over again.

#104 2016-06-19 09:23:41

cullman

Thanks for the feedback, very appreciated.   We are hoping to get Beta launched here in the next day or two.  The server was completely re-written from scratch and I know there are a few bugs there.  In fact, I believe the server sometimes thinks someone is cheating when they aren't.  Someone hung themselves on my welcome mat with a $3100 bounty in my house the other day - and that looked like a bug too me, unless they DC'd to keep me from seeing the tape.  That user was IamGrizzly - if that person is on here I'd like to hear any feedback.

As for your issue I believe the way the game should work is like this : If you die in the house with or without tools you should get a chill on that house.  I think if you scout house A with NO tools and then die in house B you should be chilled on B but not A.  However, if you scout house A WITH tools and then die in house B you should be chilled on both.  Let me know if this mismatches anyone's remembrance of TCD played.  Anyway, I will look at it tomorrow.  Thanks for continuing to play, we're going to start doing some external out reach to get us more players soon.

-cullman

Last edited by cullman (2016-06-19 09:27:21)

#105 2016-06-21 22:31:02

cullman

Ok the chills bug should be fixed now.  We were able to reproduce it find it and fix it...I still think there might be a killer self test bug, but I'm looking for it.

#106 2016-07-06 15:53:35

xjosephx

Oh cool, been logging in for like a week now and i see people! Cbenny raided me back and ThePH33P made a base which i got super lucky on and happened to do right the first time big_smile maybe this game can be fun.

Board footer