Terminal Heist Forums

The place to discuss Terminal Heist, the space piracy and defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-16 13:47:23

cullman

Interesting terminal statistics

There are 175 terminal in the database:

102 of them have an edit count of zero.  Which means someone came in, started a new terminal and the just quit the game with even taking the 9 steps to vault. Given that they weren't self tested they don't list.  If people want I could set all the terminals to edit_count=1 to stimulate the economy briefly.

59 of the terminals have had both their vault broken and wives killed which means they won't be listed until that house is fixed and self tested.

14 terminals have money and have been self tested at least once so they show up in the list.

The first figure concerns me a little, it's hard to tell if that's all the user has ever done in the game, or they just basically didn't start a new terminal after the last time they died, I suspect it's the latter.

#2 2017-04-17 03:32:41

AMWhy

Re: Interesting terminal statistics

I'm one of the 59, but I could just as easily have been in the first group.  I've been focussed on playing the (difficult!) solo-game.  I wouldn't be surprised if more people were the same.

#3 2017-04-17 04:14:33

cullman

Yeah Rich really blew my socks off with both the intuitiveness of the learning parts, and just how damn clever the his challenge levels are, as I've said before his content could be it's own game, and as I've gotten into the triple digits levels I'm still learning things about the game.  We might have to make the levels about 99 or something an in app purchase to make you guys play multiplayer smile.  I would like to encourage all the regulars to up their multiplayer activity as I have been doing some poor man's marketing by harassing people on the /r/castledoctrine subreddit, and on the Steam message board for TCD.  My favorite response so far : "Making this game for mobile is a lousy idea, people want to play MMOs at a set time down at their desk and not be controlled by some game beeping in their pocket" (I'm paraphrasing).  I'm like, uh so don't use the mobile version?  I'm get a little hostility there.  Like I've stolen the game ( and what's more in the spirit of this game than theft?).  My favorite part, is all these comments are between them complaining about TCD not being put on sale (they are still complaining,  years later) - I keep trying to point out we got a free version going over here with an actual legal entity and a team of 5 (most of who are part timers of course) engaged in active albeit slow development.  But then I remember, this is the internet....

Speaking of other people and new comers, we've had like 11 new people join the game in the last 24 hours and for the first time to my knowledge the terminal list has creeped over to the third page!

Thanks again for everyone's help, I especially appreciate the folks who have been waiting for this and giving their input all along for the last 3 years.  Not that we are anywhere close to being done, but we are getting close to be launched!

#4 2017-04-19 05:40:38

AMWhy

Alright, I'll succumb (and not because I'm stuck on level 160 of the solo-game...).  In a couple of hours I'll get a house started.

#5 2017-04-19 16:59:23

cullman

Are you the guy that just robbed me for $33k?  If so, I was thinking you might want to check out single player mode.

#6 2017-04-20 03:57:31

AMWhy

I wish that was me!  No, I started with a 2k house.  I just received my first bounty and used my second account to give me a starter boost.  I'm valued at 2k now.

Board footer